15 August 2007

All I could do was to have some more sake...

It is seriously hot as hell in Niigata right now. Japan really sucks in the summertime as it is so hot and humid that all you can do is sit on the tatami and sweat...and drink ice cold sake. This is one of my favourites which is from a local brewery called Kikusui (Just like it says on the label, right?). This is a personal size bottle but I actually sent a regular giant sized one to my brother last year for either Christmas or his birthday. I haven't heard his verdict, but if you ever see this in your local shop, I'd recommend it.

Other than that, nothing much is going on here. It's Obon this week. It's something like Christmas for us in that there is holiday from work and families get together. In our town that means they hang out at the mall which is exactly what we've been doing in order to give our little aircon unit a break. But at night people go to the temples to pay respects to the deceased. http://www.flickr.com/photos/89183164@N00/472335406/in/set-72157600217483730/

I'm also gearing up for the next postcard project. I've almost decided the theme and will post soon.

No comments: