03 April 2007

Missing you already!


I'm already missing the array of food that reminds you that your tongue can detect numerous flavours and sensations, sweet, salty, sour, pungent, spicy... The exciting thing is that the two airmail parcels, as well as the two seamail boxes of spices and pastes have already arrived and we've been cooking away. I was welcomed with a comfort food meal of burritos with all the trimmings. But, before that, we'd spent a night in Tokyo and went to a restaurant run by a surfer who'd spent time in Hawaii. We all went for the fish and chips with homemade tartare sauce. Good kai!
It seems like all the busyness I left behind is rapping at my door. I've been hiding in the flat so I don't get sucked into the vortex of never-ending work. But I'm still getting e-mails, phonecalls, txt messages, and visitors. Plus, I was so inspired by my trip to get on with things in my field that I don't know if I'm coming or going. I haven't even started classes yet. Who's got time for that!?

No comments: